Thursday 9 May 2013

One word

I have a passion, this all started when I was pretty young and realised I didn't look the same as everyone else did, I wasn't skinny or popular in fact I experienced some pretty nasty taunts. Nothing can prepare you for bullying and I think people need to be more aware of what it can do to a person.

It takes years for someone to build confidence and only one word to shatter it.

I once watched a documentary about bullying, 'The Bully Project' and this brought up some real tough feelings to deal with, I'm not really one to express these so openly but I felt an innate need to protect most of the kids in this programme. Now it was thought up due to the fact that two young boys felt so victimised that they took their own lives. One was just the tender age of 11, I mean this actually sickens me to the core that someone at that age can feel so victimised that they choose to end their own life. This needs to be something we talk about and make people aware of!
That is just what his parents are doing, they are turning a huge tragedy into something positive and trying to make a difference in other children's lives to try to prevent this from happening to frequently because the sad fact of it is, this is just one out of a sea of people that no matter their age feel they have no way out. I commend them for being strong and think you should all go and help out a really beneficial cause!

http://www.standforthesilent.org/
MAKE A DIFFERENCE. CHANGE LIVES.



No comments:

Post a Comment