Tuesday 7 May 2013

Arrow



So I have recently discovered this show which airs on the CW in the USA, the premise according to IMDB is "Spoilt millionaire playboy Oliver Queen is missing-presumed-dead when his yacht is lost at sea. He returns five years later a changed man, determined to clean up the city as a hooded vigilante armed with a bow."


I have to say that firstly I was attracted to this show due to my shallow attitude and Stephen Amell's extraordinary face. However being someone who LOVES superheroes I did feel like this could either entertain me or really make me want to pull my hair out. Luckily for my scalp the first option was how I found myself, fully entertained. Although the season is still rather early on I have found the storyline engrossing although sometimes repetitive, I do find myself wanting more and more.
The bad boy image is something that I think is enticing to us females and the males also have plenty of gun toting maniacs and rather beautiful women to oogle too. I have to admit I was relieved when it was renewed for a second season recently and cannot wait to see what other blue collar scam artists it can produce. I think with a premise similar in many ways to that of Revenge in which she is also seeking to avenge her fathers death and make it worth something this has more action packed moments which will have you on the edge of your seat wondering whether the hooded vigilante is going to be generous and spare the next life.

I have to admit that I am attracted to this show partly due to the English involvement that is John Barrowman, after seeing him and the good guy saving lives so frequently in Doctor Who and Torchwood its nice to see an evil side. Not sure which one I prefer though!

I would strongly recommend this show to pretty much everyone, whether you like to sit in awe over six packs or enjoy the thrill of action this show is pretty much an all around must watch!
8/10 from me :)

No comments:

Post a Comment