Thursday 2 May 2013

Old friends becoming new friends

My all time favourite thing is when people you used to know suddenly become part of your life again.
 I mean someone who took care of you when you were too drunk to walk home, someone you could chat with about the boys or girls you liked, someone you have enough memories with to write a novel and enough love to fill a heart.

The worst part of it is when this person comes back and you realise everything you did together you wonder how you ever managed to find yourself lost from them in the first place. I believe that everything happens for a reason, and maybe we both just needed to grow to realise that friendships like ours don't come around very often and we shouldn't take what we have for granted. 

You can spend years building a friendship and it can take almost no time at all to forget what you had, so this  post is to remind you all, to pick up the phone and keep in touch with the people you love. Luckily for me I get a second chance but sometimes people aren't that lucky!
Now I admittedly don't live a very exciting life but seeing this girl who was my best friend for years for the first time in about 4 years next weekend has me excited and I mean I cannot wait.

No comments:

Post a Comment