Monday 14 April 2014

How to be sick

Its not often that I find myself truly sick, however I have recently found myself struck by tonsillitis twice in two months. This has shown me a pattern of things I seem to do when I am sick.

1. Moaning constantly, I have discovered that the more I moan the better I feel as all of the healthy people in my house MUST know just how sick I really am. Going alongside this I must say that I think I am dying at least once a day.

2. Drinking water, I cannot normally stand the taste of water but what I have discovered is that all I seem to do when sick is drink the stuff. Maybe this is because I cant do much else.

3. I'm not sure if this is a general thing and I really doubt it is but when I am sick I find myself watching a worrying amount of animal documentaries. I don't know why this seems to happen but nevertheless it does and im not complaining I mean what better than to learn about the mating habits of lions while sick.

4. sweat A LOT. Being under my duvet means that I am basically in a furnace that is slowly draining me of all of my fluids, however as soon as I remove it I find myself covered in goosebumps and the constant shivers. I am very much like Goldilocks and must have everything 'just right'.

5. Fear fresh air, with fresh air comes sunlight and very much like the fictional vampires the idea of sunlight when I am sick is one of terror. In my mind the safest place to be is locked up in my bed with a duvet and closed curtains. I realise that not everybody has the ability to stay in bed, you know responsibility and stuff but I do know that regardless of that they wish they could!

No comments:

Post a Comment