Sunday 28 April 2013

Safe Haven

I'm firstly going to talk about this movie's very few good points,  I personally thought that Josh Duhamel was shirtless for enough of this movie to make it intriguing! And Julliane Hough looked incredible in the Roxy bikini.

However not much else of this movie was worth the watch, the plot line was as predictable as Justin Bieber becoming another troubled teen star. And I don't know about anyone else but I certainly saw that coming!
However the supernatural twist was something that I did not see coming well until it was heavily hinted when Julianne's character Katie/Aaron asked Jo played by Cobie Smulders why she didn't leave the small town that they inhabited, I personally would love to live in a place that beautiful, especially if the local shop keeper looked like Josh's character.
Admittedly one character I did enjoy was the detective, David Lyons performance was hauntingly creepy and to a certain extent terrifying.

Now I'm normally one to read books first but this time was an exception, and after seeing the predictable, boring story line unravel in this movie I am not sure I want to read the book. However it may end up being a nice holiday read.

I would probably give this movie a 5/10 mainly for Josh Duhamel's face and the beautiful letter Jo writes which is revealed at the climax of the movie.

No comments:

Post a Comment