Wednesday 12 June 2013

Billy and me


So I do have to admit that I did want to read this book as a galaxy defender (Mcfly fan) but also as a huge book addict I thought it would be interesting to see what a woman could do with no degree but a brilliant imagination. I really felt this book was a success for the first time author Giovanna Fletcher, the setting was beautifully written and the rustic feel of the tea on the hill was completely charming. The character of Sophie May is inspiring, and reminds us all to keep a hold of our dreams, and to be strong and overcome all heartaches. The character of Billy for me was a little bit predictable but none the less I did enjoy his growth throughout the novel. A clear fan favourite has to be Sophie May's best friend and what I consider the heart of this book Mollie, she brought a smile to my face and reminded me of my late grandmother which is something any author should be proud to say they have done because she was one in a million. The chemistry between the two was endearing and the beautiful friendship was something to envy. I would recommend this as a summer flick, and if you are going on holiday this is certainly one for around the pool while sipping a mojito. I give it a 3/5 and I certainly will be patiently anticipating her next work! 

No comments:

Post a Comment